Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Our Tree

So we just got our Christmas tree this past weekend. Justin loves it. I know all of you parents know this, but it was funny for us to decorate the tree and put the fragile ornaments at the top and the "safe" ornaments at the bottom. Justin loves to play with them!!! We are trying to teach him that he can touch but not take them off. Good luck.... I know!! I just don't think it's fair that he can't touch the ornaments when they look like toys to him - obviously he doesn't know the difference. It has been fun! We are still trying to decide if we want to put the presents out now because we are sure that Justin will tear them apart - he is so sweet - and we are loving every minute of him! As Doug said... Christmas is definitely for kids.

4 comments:

Sandie B said...

Seeing Justin so happy and hearing your voice in the back round (so happy) made me cry. I love Christmas but it is really hard not having everyone here to enjoy these very small, but very significant moments..first tree, touching all the pretty ornaments (maybe even breaking a few) I am excited for all of you..Justin's first Christmas when her is old enough to enjoy all fun!!

Sundi said...

That is so cute. Glad Sandie commented first because I didn't even realize it was a video, just thought it was a picture of Justin hiding in the tree and yes it took me a while to notice him in there too. Am I pregnant or what?

Jocelyn said...

Yeah this is so cute. He has so much excitement in him... he's just buzzing around and that's what makes christmas so fun (especially for kids). Lucky you guys.... you get to enjoy it through his eyes!
P.S. what fragile ornaments do you guys have? I know they didn't come from Colin's side!

Kasie M. said...

Christmas must be so much fun this year now that Justin is moving all around and interested in everything. Doug's right, Christmas is all about/for the kids. It's fun to watch them.